The idea for the Huggly Formulation came during the night seven days ago. After working on the question of scarcity and abundance in natural economies during the previous day, my altered state of sleep hit upon a solution in the form of The Huggly Formulation.
The Huggly Formulation for Abundant Health
In natural economies (such as the human body made up of trillions of individual cells) the fruit of production (i.e health) exists in abundance when the following five principles interact:
- Harmonious orchestration of 7 fundamental virtues (i.e. Compassion, Faith, Truth, Justice, Security, Abundance and Joy). This harmonious orchestration of virtues is the essence of Love.
- Generation, preservation and celebration of diversity – continuous creation is the is the object of health.
- Invisible abundance supports visible abundance – natural abundance and health exist on many scales. For example there are 100 billion neurons in the brain, 100 billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy, and 100 billion galaxies in the universe.
- The “whole” is always greater than the “sum of the parts”
- Each individual voice must be heard and each individual must be free.
Other than the fact that it was recommended in a dream, the word huggly is used because it merges three other words – hug, snuggle and ugly. The analogy is that a hug or snuggle are positive outcomes if the timing, duration and intensity are properly orchestrated. If the hug is too intense or the timing and duration incorrect, things can turn ugly. The same is true for all virtues relating to health. They must be properly orchestrated to maximize positive outcomes, and prevent negative excess or scarcity. For example:
- Faith without Truth is bankrupt – if you invest in a vision of the future that cannot come to fruition then your investment is lost.
- Compassion without Justice is incomplete – true compassion seeks correction and healing.
- Security or Abundance without Joy is empty – the intangible joy is what makes life worthwhile.
- Joy without Compassion could be considered cruel.
Like a rope with 7 strands, the 7 virtues need to be twisted together, hugging each other tightly in a septuple balanced helix for maximum health. This spiral analogy keeps all the virtues in check, and represents the Huggly Formulation.
The Orchestration of a Healthy Memory
In a wonderful example of the role of orchestration on health published by CNN this week, Dr. Dale Bredesen, Director of the Mary S. Easton Center for Alzheimer’s Disease Research at UCLA, was able to reverse the symptoms of Alzheimer’s in 9 out of 10 patients that participated in his pilot study.
Dr. Bredesen used a protocol that targets 36 sources of deficiency, imbalance and inflammation that contribute to Alzheimer’s and Dementia. According to the CNN article, “Bredesen said that most of the study participants had between 10 and 24 problems that needed correcting.” The article goes on to state that,
“The effect of focusing on so many targets at once runs counter to what Bredesen said is a prevailing — and flawed — notion of identifying single targets to treat a disease caused by many factors.”
This exciting research brings hope to many who are suffering from dementia, and points to a new development in medicine whereby early Alzheimer’s may be treated by personalized health matrices that include
- Low glycemic, low grain, anti-inflamatory diets
- 30 to 60 minutes of exercise 4 to 6 days per week
- 12 hours a day of fasting between dinner and breakfast and at least 3 hours between dinner and bedtime
- Prebiotics to nourish good GI bacteria and probiotics to replenish healthy bacteria
- Stress reduction through yoga, meditation or music
- 8 hours of sleep per night and the possible use of melatonin and tryptophan
- Brain stimulation through the use of interactive software from companies such Posit Science.
- Chelation for heavy metal toxicity
- Ensure nocturnal oxygenation and treat sleep apnea
- Hormone supplements if needed to improve hormone balance
- Other supplements such a vitamin D3, K2 (see the full protocol in Table 1 of this link)
Although the specific protocol used by Dr. Bredesen should only be used under a doctor’s supervision, we can see that many elements of the protocol point to the importance of understanding how to properly orchestrate a balanced and virtuous lifestyle.
The Huggly Formulation provides a high level template that may serve as a scaffold for designing and understanding complete lifestyle orchestration for maximum health.
Stay tuned for future posts on The Huggly Formulation.
Don’t forget to stay huggly, and have a merry Christmas!